Dr. Helfgott is a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in the psychotherapeutic treatment of a broad range of emotional issues in young adults, adults and older adults. He also conducts domestic partner, pre-marital and marriage counseling. Emotional issues addressed include:
- All depression and anxiety disorders;
- Personality disorders;
- Life transitions;
- Grief and loss counseling;
- Counseling for chronic and terminal illness, trauma, and divorce.
Dr. Helfgott also conducts psychological assessments for:
- Bariatric lap-band and gastric bypass procedures;
- Fitness-for-duty (criminal justice and civil service);
- Return-to-work evaluations;
- Various court-ordered assessments.
Office hours by appointment at the offices of Insight Psychological Group in Westfield, NJ. Please contact Dr. Helfgott for availability.
Dr. David A. Helfgott, Psy.D.